We changed up a little of what we are doing around here with school since some people
And since last week went MUCH better, this is what we will stick with until they want to do something different.
We are taking a break from FIAR for the moment and are fully using Twenty-Six Letters to Heaven now.
We worked on the letter F last week and learned a few words and a great verse. (It is becoming kind of comical that things that I choose randomly are somehow perfect for events and things happening at the House. Well played, God.)
Things we learned:
- St. Francis
- What does "faith" mean?
- Bible verse: Matthew 17:20 "If you have faith nothing shall be impossible."
- F is for "fish"
- Made the letter "Ff" our of cheerios and goldfish
- Made a collage for the letter f: pictures that start with the letter f, words that start with the letter f, and
- Played "Go Fish" for counting and number recognition
- Worked on "food groups" and eating healthy
- Books read: Fish is Fish by Leo Lionni, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss, Ten Little Fish by Audrey Wood, Brother Francis and the Friendly Beasts by Margaret Hodges, and The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food