You have seen this place before...but recently, it got worse. Much worse. Oh, the horror.
I can explain! No...I can't.
Ok, see, what happened was this... We got a king mattress and the queen had to go into waiting until we both agreed on a mattress. After about a month, we decided the king was the winner. But the queen had stayed in the office against the window. And, you know...once a pile starts...it's just continues. Well, now the queen has been donated and I'm back to the reality of dealing with this horrible mess. YAY.
Now this room is small. The smallest our house besides the laundry room...but I don't think that counts. Anyway, we want to turn this into an office/playroom with enough room that a much nicer airbed (the really nice ones that don't seem like airbeds so much) can be place without blocking the doors or computer area. So, ugh...today I started the very long, headache filled clean-up.
I finally fixed the hall closet to be the actual linen closet for guests with towels, blankets, etc since we got our entryway taken care of with a fabulous coat rack. :) Then, I cleared out most of what I could in the office/playroom space. I'm looking at the mess that I still have to conquer and it looks like I didn't do anything... I HATE THIS ROOM!
Ok, so here's what we are going to work on in this room:
- Jason, being Mr. Engineer Man, is going to bring in laptop home and get the layout scaled to size and do some fancy stuff like that. He wants to make sure my idea(s) work before getting into this.
- Get everything out of this room that isn't a)computer/craft/hobby related and b)playroom related
- Get supplies for new DIY 2-person desk (more on this later - we have a few plans, but will narrow it down when #1 is completed)
Bon fire in backyardSell monster desk
- Sell my desk/chair
- Get my chair to match Jason's
- Either sell or fix up shelf to hold kid's books/some toys
- Get table/chair set for boys
- Get area rug
- DIY wall art (fun ideas on this one!!)
- New and improved airbed for guests.
- Accessories and such to finish the look.
Until then, we will dream of this playroom:
I'm joining Pin It Tuesday over at Crazy About My Baybah!